Wednesday, January 20, 2010

when I was walking down soho

I saw those people selling artwork on the streets. This picture caught my eye and I bought it for 20 bucks because I'm an idiot.


Just kidding. The reason this picture caught me was that the girl looks almost exactly like I did when I was fifteen. Short black hair, all black attire. Even though I disliked the fact that I was a self-loathing, misanthropic teenager there were some good memories that came along when I was high school. Came up with my first story ideas for comics, made good friends, discovered my all time favorite series, Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning, and for the first time, left my neighborhood in Queens to explore all of Manhattan, shopping, and realizing how great the world actually is.
When I saw this picture, it actually brought back some nostalgia. I also saw other people who passed by and it caught their attention too. So I went and bought it. The artist's name is Ron Wiggins.

No comments:

Post a Comment